Aathicchudi Guidance Third Set
Aathicchudi – Guidance conforming to the Letters of the Tamil Alphabet
By Saint Avvaiyar (First century AD)
Avvaiyar wrote the original poetry in Tamil for Guidance in Life, with a line of Guidance for each letter of the complete Tamil Alphabet, in the correct grammatical order. There are several sets of letters. This is the third set. Just the English translation is provided here.
The Tamil Alphabet’s third set of letters are as follows. These are the syllable “ka” and its variations. Each line of this poem starts with one of these letters in this order.
Invocatory Verse: Let’s worship the Lord who wears the garland of primrose flowers, again and again.
Alphabet continued from previous post:
32. Forget saying hurtful, angry words to others.
33. Keep up your vows.
34. Live while being beneficial to others.
35. Get rid of wickedness, baseness.
36. Don’t give up good character, good nature.
37. Don’t give up good friends.
38. Don’t hurt or ruin others.
39. Try to listen to the wisdom of learned people.
40. Don’t hide the knowledge of your skills from others.
41. Don’t wish to rob or steal from others.
42. Totally give up playing illegal games and sports.
43. Eliminate the troubles in life.